Recipe by Geniale Genie
Beautiful, delicious, and refreshing. Vegan and allergy-friendly. The quantities for the syrup make enough for two jelly recipes. Rose syrup keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge - can also be used for other recipes. I make these in rose-shaped silicone moulds, but it would also look beautiful served in clear individual cups, flutes, or tall glasses.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup rose water
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract (optional)
- 6 g agar-agar
- 250 ml water
- 200 ml rose syrup
- 300 ml coconut cream or 300 ml coconut milk
- 8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- rose syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- TO MAKE SYRUP:.
- In a saucepan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, rose water, and strawberry extract. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer another 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- TO MAKE JELLY:.
- Rinse moulds under cold water, do not dry.
- Mix water and agar-agar. Bring to a boil and simmer until dissolved.
- Add coconut cream and rose syrup.
- Pour mix into the moulds and allow to cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Wait until completely set before removing from moulds.
- Top with a little bit of rose syrup; garnish each plate/cup with a fresh strawberry and mint leaf.
- The jelly is a nice light pink colour, for a more intense pink, feel free to add some food colouring.