Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can Coco Lopez (cream of coconut)
- 1 (9 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- bake cake according to directions in 9/13 pan.
- poke holes in cake while hot and pour eagle brand and coco lopez over the cake, let cool completely.
- frost with cool whip and top with coconut.
- must be kept in refrigerator.
- might want to use half the milk and lopez per taste because it tends to get runny, unless you use 2 boxes of cake mix.
I have made several chef's versions of this unbelievable cake. Always a hit always perfect. It is still moist a week later if kept in the fridge. I used fat free sweeten condensed milk and fat free cool whip.
This was really good. Made a single recipe for a group of 14 people and there was none left! I couldn't find CoCo Lopez at my store so I used a mix of sweetened condensed milk and coconut milk, going heavy on the coconut milk (about 3/4 milk to 1 can coconut). After frosting with CoolWhip, I added sweetened flaked coconut and toasted pecans. Was a mess to get out of the pan, but no one cared! Thanks for posting!
This cake was very good! Everyone loved it! Next time I will make with two cake mixes as suggested so it will not be so messy! The flavor was full of coconut and delicious! Thanks for posting!