Recipe by iewe
Looks delish and filled with coconut flavor! Do not substitute for the butter.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a beautiful cake iewe. It has incredible flavor and textures. The crumb is perfect. Simply a lovely poundcake. The flavor from the coconut is soft and subtle, sweet but not too sweet. I garnished our little cakes with powdered sugar, strawberries and whipped cream for a truly decadent treat. My dh is still raving over the flavor. Told me he hopes that i didn't give all the little cakes away, because he wants more tomorrow. Kudos on a really quick and easy recipe to make that uses simple ingredients found in most pantries. So glad that we tried this. Made for ZWT7 for Witchin Kitchen.
- 5 eggs, Room Temperature
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, Room Temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees and cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add flour & coconut milk, alternating between the two. Then add coconut extract and then shredded coconut.
- Pour batter into a buttered/floured pound cake pan and place in center of oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes - do not open oven door until timer goes off.