Prep 3 hrs
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
Spicy pork dish, found it in a magazine a few years ago.
- 750 g lean pork, cut into strips (I use fillets)
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1 -2 small fresh red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Combine pork, chutney, chilli, cumin, garlic, ginger and juice in large bowl.
- Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook capsicum in heated oiled wok or large pan, stirring, until almost soft; remove from pan.
- Stir fry pork mixture, in batches, in same pan until cooked through.
- Add capsicum and milk; cook stirring, about 1 minute or until heated through.
- Just before serving stir in coriander.
WOW, what a combination of flavors. I just couldn't choose what I liked best, it was all so good. It was surprising, spicy, and soothing all at the same time. The chutney added another dimension that took it to another level. The dish was absolutely fantastic, something that a grand 5* hotel or restaurant would serve. This is something special. Thank you for sharing this great recipe, and thank you for a wonderful eating experience.
I am not a fan of eggplant, so I used summer squash. Otherwise an easy and delicious meal, my chutney sweetened the dish a bit too much, so I added sliced Kaffir Lime leaves as it simmered. Thai sauces are not generally thickened so I always use arrowroot or corn starch in a slurry near the end to make the sauce "cling" to the ingredients. With the cilantro, I also squeezed a lime on my finished dish. Chutney was an interesting ingredient to use, it would never have occurred to me to cook with it!
Hi Evie, this made a very nice meal, not to mention incredibly quick! I had to thicken up the sauce like skunk galloway, but that was no drawback. If I make it again I'll definatley add more chilli though, it wasn't very spicy at all. Hubby and I both enjoyed, thank you for posting!