Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Smooth, cool, rich & delicious. Adapted from Taste of Thai. Most of cook time is 2 hours chilling. I prefer mine smooth but the original recipe did suggest layering this with granola as well. We use mixtures of whatever fruits we have in the house & haven't gone wrong yet. We also like toasted coconut sprinkled on top.
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled & sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Wisk salt, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Wisk in eggs and vanilla with salt, sugar & cornstarch.
- Heat Coconut Milk just to a boil in a heavy saucepan.
- Wisk 1/2 cup Coconut Milk to egg mixture & mix well. Add the rest of the hot coconut milk in 1/2 cup aliquots & whisk well.
- Place mixture back into saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat & wisk in cold butter.
- Pour into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 2 hours.
- Whip the cream until firm peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into parfait glasses, layering with fruit.
- optional: garnish with toasted coconut.