Recipe by Random Rachel
Light coconut mousse, from Marta Benica
Top Review by Sue C.
Excellent - Thanks for sharing this recipe. I used it as an element in a dinner party dessert last week.... it was tasty, light and fluffy.' I am about to make it a second time now ! I added dessicated coconut at the end to make it feel coconutty :)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 ounce unflavored knox gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 egg whites
- chocolate bar, to garnish
- cherries, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix condensed milk with coconut milk.
- Dissolve the gelatin with 2 tablespoons water in microwave for 15 seconds, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Stir the milk mixture into the gelatin, and gently beat into the whipped the egg whites.
- Place in bowls and refrigerate for 2 hours. At serving time garnish with chocolate shavings and cherries.