Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple but delicious South Indian inspired recipie
Make and share this Coconut Milk and Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken, cut in bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely julienned fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 -2 cup diced potato
- 1 -2 hot green chili pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 (398 ml) can coconut milk, seperate cream from water.keep aside.
- 1 sprig curry leaf, from indian grocory store (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup rice, boiled seperately
- Place chicken, ginger, pepper, potatoes, chillis, leaves, water, coconut water, salt in sauce-pan.
- Bring to boil then lower heat to 4 and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add leaves and coconut cream and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice.