Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Coconut makes an appearance in both the crust and the filling, then mango tops it all off.
- 1⁄2 cup raw chip coconut or 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon shredded orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 mango (halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Spread coconut in a 9x9 baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 4-5 mins or until toasted, stirring once. Allow to cool.
- For crust, put 2 tbsp of the toasted coconut in a food processor. Set the remaining coconut aside. Add the following ingredients to the food processor - graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp sugar, orange peel. Gradually add melted butter, processing with on-off turns until mix comes together. Press mix into the bottom of the 9x9 baking pan. Bake 10 minutes Cool for 15 minutes.
- For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat together cream cheese, 1/3 c sugar, and vanilla, using an electric mixer. Add orange juice and beat until smooth. Stir in egg. Pour mix over baked crust. Bake approx 15 mins or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack, then cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into bars. Spoon on mango and sprinkle with reserved toasted coconut.