Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut, divided
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Beat sugar, salt and eggs until mixture in a lemon color.
- Add butter and flour; blend well.
- Add milk and one cup of coconut.
- Pour into the pie shell; top with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 325 degrees for an hour.
This is a winner. Tips: use a deep dish 9" pie crust, melt butter on stove, and bake on lower rack in the oven. I wanted a macaroon pie that didn't use buttermilk as I seldom have that on hand. Thanks for sharing. Hubby loved it.
Very tasty!!! OOOEY and Gooey and buttery, yum! Very easy to make and easily doubled, I did add some vanilla and pecans--excellent!!!
Absolutely delicious! Very easy to make. I did add one tsp. of vanilla. I made this for my future son-in-law, but if he doesn't get here fast, there may not be any left for him. This is definitely a "keeper"