Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Although pecans or almonds are delicious additions to these cookies, there really is no substitute for the mild, buttery taste of macadamias. They usually cost a little more, but we think they're worth it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped macadamia nuts (or pecans or almonds)
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and baking soda; beat till combined. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or till golden brown. Remove cookies and cool on wire racks.