Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
According to the recipe, this will taste like an Almond Joy candy bar. Sounds lovely to me (and it's quick and easy!!). Published in the June 2009 issue of TOH's Simple and Delicious. I think I would try using a fresh pound cake from the bakery...we will see how it comes out. Hope it is as deelish as it looks! They list this as $1.46 per serving!
- 16 ounces frozen pound cake
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 2⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting (I like Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting)
- Cut cake horizontally into 4 layers.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, coconut and almonds.
- Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the coconut mixture, one layer cake and 1/2 cup frosting.
- Repeat layers so that the top ends frosted. Enjoy!
This was scrumptious! The only complaint from my family was that it was gone too quick. I'll definitely be making this again.