Recipe by Nana Lee
Another great use for leftover rice. This time, Jasmine rice. I love Jasmine rice even without it being a dessert.
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (thai)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
- Lightly butter a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar well.
- Add Coconut Milk, Jasmine Rice, milk, vanilla extract, coconut extract, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Make a "water bath" by placing the baking dish into a large pan that has an inch of hot water in it.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the baking dish. Stir so all the rice is evenly distributed in the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir pudding to mix the rice again. Continue to bake for 40 more minutes or until the pudding is set or firm to the touch.
- I find that when pouring "soupy stuff" like for a pudding, it is best to put the pan on the oven shelf and pour the pudding into it rather than try to trek over to the oven.