Recipe by Manami
Interesting experience for the palette! Originally found on mealsforyou.com but have changed it around to suit our needs and preferences. However, not diet friendly!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 navel oranges, peeled, white pith removed and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe firm bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb mango, slices
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- macadamia nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, sugar, coconut, cream, milk and vanilla extract in a heavy saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir constantly 4-5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine orange slices, bananas, mango, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and toss.
- Pour cooled coconut mixture over fruit and a generous sprinkling of macadamia nuts.
- Toss before serving.