Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderfully satisfying treat packed with oats, nuts, and fruits. When they first come out of the oven, they may be fragile and slightly crumbly. Make sure to let them cool before cutting, and they will soon become firm, chewy granola bars.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup honey
- 8 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the oats,flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter, oil, and honey.
- Pour the oat mixture in and mix until evenly distributed.
- One at a time, mix in the dates, coconut, walnuts, and raisins.
- Pour the mixture into two greased 9x5 inch pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow them to cool completely before cutting into bars.