Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have only made theses a few times but they seem to go quickly whenever I do.
- 3⁄4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons softened vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 5 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- Pre heat oven to 300.
- Grease an 8 inch sqaure cake pan and set aside.
- Prepare the base; mix together graham wafer crumbs and shortening, set aside.
- Prepare the filling: in a large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar.
- One after the other, without overmixing blend in flour, coconut, vanilla, and pineapple.
- Press graham wafer mix into the bottom of cake pan.
- Pour filling over top.
- Bake at 45 minutes; let cool.
- Top with apricot jam and cut into squares.