Recipe by JPsBarbie
Nice twist on the typical sweet potato pie. Great with a giant dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Stir the coconut and butter together and press mixture into
- 9-inch pie plate to form crust.
- Bake until just lightly golden about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and raise temperature to 350.
- Puree the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust and bake 30 minutes or until the top looks dry and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve cold with whipped cream.