Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and spicy shrimp. Very tasty.
Make and share this Coconut Crusted Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat a large pot of oil to 350 degrees F.
- Butterfly the shrimp by cutting down the center back of the shrimp, do not to cut all the way through.
- Open and flatten the two halves like a book, so that it resembles a butterfly.
- Remove the vein.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the eggs together with the chili flakes and a little water.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Dip the butterflied shrimp into the egg wash and then coat in coconut.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden and crispy and shrimp is cooked through.