Received from a friend.
Make and share this Coconut Crusted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, Durkee Cayenne Pepper and Durkee Black Pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in cornstarch mixture; shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut.
- Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet (oil should be about 2 inches deep - add more oil if needed) or deep fat fryer to 350º F.
- Add chicken to the hot oil in batches.
- Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
- Spicy Apricot Sauce.
- 1 cup Smucker's® (12 oz.) Apricot Preserves.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar.
- 1-2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.