Recipe by **Mandy**
I posted this for the Caribbean leg of ZWT III & only just got around to trying it myself. I did a half batch using coconut cream & cooked for approx 12 mins, I also used Splenda in place of sugar. My microwave does run a bit hot so if your is the same I would cook on MED. This is a lovely simple & quick dessert or if you're like me you could have it for breakfast
Top Review by Boomette
Very good taste. I had a hard time with it. Because my microwave has too much power. I had to do it again stirring each 2 minutes, and microwave at 50 %. I had to add more coconut milk and water because it was getting too thick and the rice not cooked enough. I finally was able to have a good texture and it's very yummy. Thanks Mandy :) Made for I Recommend tag game
- 200 g arborio rice
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml water
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 110 g sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 100 ml coconut milk, extra to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice in a colander & wash under cold water until water runs clear. Drain well.
- Place rice, coconut milk, water, butter & sugar in a 2.5L deep microwave safe bowl or jug and stir to combine.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 18 minutes, stirring every 6 minutes. Remove, stir & stand for 5 minutes (rice absorbs extra liquid upon standing).
- Spoon warm rice inbto bowls, drizzle with extra coconut milk and top with banana & coconut.