Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-calorie vanilla wafer crumbs (about 26 cookies, crushed)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie vanilla wafer crumbs (about 26 cookies, crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned whipped light cream (such as Reddi-wip)
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour and sugar in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Place eggs in a bowl; gradually whisk half of milk mixture into eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into saucepan; stir well.
- Cook 1 minute or until thick. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup coconut and vanilla. Cover surface of coconut mixture with plastic wrap; chill.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons wafer crumbs into each of 6 (8-ounce) glasses; top each with about 3 tablespoons coconut mixture and 2 tablespoons whipped cream.
- Repeat layers once, ending with whipped cream. Sprinkle parfaits evenly with remaining coconut.