Recipe by Finicky
Silky French toast bursting with so much flavor that to add syrup on top would only detract from the experience. My ten year old boy typically drowns his pancakes / French toast with syrup, but he didn't even ask for any this time!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 slices bread, 1 inch thick (plain challah is good)
- 3 tablespoons butter (for frying pan)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, or pie plate, combine the coconut milk, eggs, sugar or maple syrup, coconut extract, and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Dip a slice of bread in the mix. Let it soak up the liquid for about 40 seconds on each side.
- Place the bread in the pan and saute until it's golden on each side (about 2-3 minutes), then transfer to a serving dish.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Dust each slice with plenty of powdered sugar.