Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bobby Flay and Food & Wine Magazine.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons habanero sauce
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 (7 ounce) bag plantain chips or 1 (7 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk, lime juice and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Transfer crabmeat mixture into shallow bowls and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve the chips on the side.
I was really looking for a different way of serving crab and this was great. I loved the different flavor of the coconut, but the crab flavor really shined through. I tossed some sliced green onions on top too.