Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Five ears of corn, shaved in quick fashion, then sauteed in a bit of butter. Tricked it out with thyme, green onions, toasted almonds and coconut.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ears corn, shucked & shaved into kernels
- sea salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut, well toasted
- 1 cup sliced almonds, well toasted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon lime juice or 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, sprinkle with a couple pinches of salt and stir well, you want all the corn to be coated. Cook for just a minute, until the corn looses its raw edge, stir in half the thyme, and then transfer the corn to a large serving bowl.
- Just before you're ready to serve, add most of the coconut flakes, most of the almonds, the rest of the thyme, green onions, and citrus juice. Stir well.
- Taste, season with more salt, to taste, and serve topped with the remaining coconut and almonds.