Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This goes well with any Caribbean meal.
- 1⁄2 cup diced dried pineapple
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease round pan, 9x11/2".
- Mix pineapple and rum in small bowl; set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except coconut; beat about 30 strokes or until smooth.
- Fold in pineapple mixture and coconut.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.