Recipe by Chef floWer
I’m not very good at making cakes so whenever I needed to bring a plate of sweets to a morning or afternoon tea, I would make these. They are so easy to make. My daughter helps me rolled the coconut on the balls. Enjoy.
Top Review by Cabnolen
I made these for a hens night (and since the shape is not conventional, I'd better not post them!) They had the most raving comments! I actually didn't get to try them but all the girls who came to the party were amazed by this and everyone had a couple too many! Will be making this again for Xmas!
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits (I use Arnotts Marie biscuits)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut, fine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 340 g condensed milk (I prefer Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- 3⁄4 cup of fine desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits in a food processor until it is fine (like flour).
- Combine in a large bowl, the crush biscuits, 1/2 cup of fine desiccated coconuts and 2 tablespoons of cocoa. Mix the ingredients well.
- Then slowly stir in the sweetened condensed milk into the mixture. (Don’t pour the whole content of the can, pour it in slowly as you only may need 340 grams of the can).
- You know you have the mixture right if the mixture is a dough ball. (If the balls are not holding shape then you may used too much sweetened condensed milk.) You should be able to roll them into a ball without being to hard or to soft.
- Shape the mixture into one-inch balls.
- Place the 1/4 cups of fine desiccated coconut into a flat plate (You may not need the whole 3/4 cups so just fill the flat plate when needed).
- Roll the ball into the fine desiccated coconut.
- Store in refrigerator until your ready to use.