Another recipe from my great search of recipes for 2. This recipe makes 12 large or 18 medium cookies. Just the right portion size for us "empty nesters"
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg (if you use a large egg, you may have to add an extra couple tablespoons of flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips (or chips of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 11-13 minutes for medium cookies or 15-17 minutes for large cookies.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- NOTE: These cookies spread.
- If making the large cookies, only 6 will fit on the baking sheet without running together.
- For the medium size, you can place 8 or 9 on a sheet.
- Cook time is per cookie sheet.