Another recipe from my great search of recipes for 2. This recipe makes 12 large or 18 medium cookies. Just the right portion size for us "empty nesters"
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg (if you use a large egg, you may have to add an extra couple tablespoons of flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips (or chips of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chips and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 11-13 minutes for medium cookies or 15-17 minutes for large cookies.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- NOTE: These cookies spread.
- If making the large cookies, only 6 will fit on the baking sheet without running together.
- For the medium size, you can place 8 or 9 on a sheet.
- Cook time is per cookie sheet.
I used chocolate chips, an extra half cup of coconut because mine seemed a tad wet and my coconut was a little old/dry. I also mixed in a quarter tsp. of almond extract. I flattened them, after reading the reviews. Flattening really is important unless you like a thicker cookie. Mine must have been really large cookies because it only made 8. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ With the almond extract they tasted like almond joy candy bars in a cookie form.
These are very light and delicious! I used Splenda instead of the sugar and unsweetened coconut. I made 12 large cookies and as Scarlett Lady said they don't spread as much as you might think. Next time I make them, I will flatten them a little before baking.
We lost the taste of the coconut.. if I made it again I'd add another 1/2 cup coconut and a little milk for moisture. The cookies did not spread so they were higher and heavier than I would have liked. Rounded tsp would have probably been better. Thank you for giving us the recipe.