I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from The Daily Recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1/4 cup cream of coconut, soy sauce, brown sugar and rice-wine vinegar in a large bowl.
- 2Add chicken strips, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 3Place flour in pie plate and add salt and pepper.
- 4Beat eggs and 1/4 cream of coconut. Place shredded coconut in a bowl.
- 5Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then egg mixture, then coconut.
- 6Heat just enough peanut oil in a saute pan to cover the bottom of the pan. Saute the chicken strips in peanut oil, about 5 minutes on each side.
- 7Do not let oil become too hot or you will over brown the coconut. When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and keep warm. Drain the pan of any leftover oil but do not scrape out the drippings.
- 8Add the remaining 1/2 cup pineapple juice and 1/2 cup cream of coconut to the pan along with the heavy cream. Cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, until sauce has thickened. Use sauce by pouring over the chicken or as
- 9a dip for the chicken pieces.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1600.9
- Calories from Fat 1011
- Total Fat 112.3 g
- Saturated Fat 67.8 g
- Cholesterol 321.9 mg
- Sodium 1935.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 81.1 g
- Protein 48.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar