Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from a cookbook at the library, can't remember which one. This looks good, but I haven't tried it yet.
- 3⁄4 cup cocktail peanuts
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Finely chop peanuts.
- Combine peanuts with coconut in a medium size bowl.
- Place flour in a small bowl.
- Lightly beat eggs in another small bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces in flour to coat lightly, shaking off excess, then in eggs and then in peanut-coconut mixture.
- Pour oil into a large skillet to a depth of ½ inch. Heat oil over medium heat until it registers 350 F on deep-fat thermometer.
- With a slotted spoon, carefully slip chicken into hot oil, 6 pieces at a time.
- Fry 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked through, turning once; adjust heat as needed to prevent peanut coating from overbrowning.
- Transfer chicken to paper toweling to drain.
- Keep hot in a warm oven.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.