Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I haven't tried these yet but they looks so good. Putting it here for safekeeping
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 18 ounces dark chocolate pieces, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup of the almonds, and the brown sugar in a food processor.
- Cover and process until almonds are finely chopped.
- Add butter; cover and pulse with four or five on-off turns or until mixture is well combined.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk in a medium bowl. Spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup almonds evenly over coconut layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over top of baked mixture.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. (If desired, chill in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set.) Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.
- To store: Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.