Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be broken into small bite size pieces or large ones.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Place sugar, syrup and water in a 2-quart saucepan and heat to 225° F.
- Add coconut and cook to 300° F.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda (it will foam up) Pour onto a sheet of buttered foil or a buttered shallow pan.
- When cold break into bite-sized pieces.
- Keep in a container with a lid.
I followed the instructions and it came out nice and fluffy but the instructions didn't say not to move it around in the buttered pan, so I leaned the pan to cover all the corners evenly...this is not a great idea. You can tell what parts had to slide. It flattens it back out some, making the finished product a little to hard. It had a great flavor and would have had a great texture if I had known not to move the pan. Over all it is probably a five star recipe but don't move it after you pour it until it is cold. I will make it again...with the noted change not to move the pan. :)