Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is in response to a particular request for Coconut Brittle.
Make and share this Coconut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 lb chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Spread coconut evenly on a buttered baking sheet.
- In medium microwave safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Stir in nuts and microwave 4 minutes more.
- Stir in butter and vanilla and return to microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in soda until light and slightly foamy.
- Pour over coconut in pan.
- Let cool until firm and break into pieces.
This recipe is so quick & easy. I make 3 or 4 batches & give it away as a little hostess gift in a pretty tin at Christmas. The macadamia nuts really make it special but it would be good with almonds or peanuts if you are looking to cut the cost.