Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
These cupcakes are delicious little bites, perfect for little girls tea parties. Even us big girls can't resist them. I prefer to use seedless raspberry preserves in these. Bet you can't eat just one!
- Preheat oven to 425*F (220*C).
- Butter 3 cupcake, or mini (1 1/2 to 2 TBS capacity) muffin pans or fit with paper liners.
- If you do not have enough pans, the cakes can be cooked in batches instead.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is thick and pale and forms a ribbon.
- sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the egg mixture alternately with the coconut.
- Fold in the melted butter, cover and then chill in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the batter into the prepared pans, dot 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the center of each, then top with another 2 teaspoons of batter so that each muffin cup is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 400*F (200*C) and bakd for a further 5 to 7 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Turn out onto racks to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Delicious! I followed the recipe as written. I used a regular sized cupcake tin, since that's what we have. All of the guests raved about them and begged to take both the leftovers and the recipe home!