These cupcakes are delicious little bites, perfect for little girls tea parties. Even us big girls can't resist them. I prefer to use seedless raspberry preserves in these. Bet you can't eat just one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425*F (220*C).
- 2Butter 3 cupcake, or mini (1 1/2 to 2 TBS capacity) muffin pans or fit with paper liners.
- 3If you do not have enough pans, the cakes can be cooked in batches instead.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is thick and pale and forms a ribbon.
- 5sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the egg mixture alternately with the coconut.
- 6Fold in the melted butter, cover and then chill in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- 7Place 2 teaspoons of the batter into the prepared pans, dot 1/2 teaspoon of preserves in the center of each, then top with another 2 teaspoons of batter so that each muffin cup is 3/4 full.
- 8Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 400*F (200*C) and bakd for a further 5 to 7 minutes, until risen and golden.
- 9Turn out onto racks to cool completely.
- 10Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut and Raspberry Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 25.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g