Recipe by Sharon in Ontario. Canada
This is a clipping from our daily newspaper. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy!
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds (or slivered)
- 4 tablespoons butter (plus extra for greasing dish and spoon)
- 7 ounces almond paste, grated
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 7 x 11 baking dish.
- Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- Add coconut flakes and almonds to a large non stick skillet. Dry roast over medium heat stirring frequently until coconut and almonds start to turn golden. Immediately pour into bowl with cereal.
- In same skillet melt butter over low heat.
- Add the grated almond paste and marshmallows.
- Stirring constantly, cook until all ingredients are melted and smooth.
- Immediately pour almond-marshmallow mixture into bowl of cereal.
- Combine with a buttered spoon until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Press mixture into buttered dish.
- Cut into squares.