Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
chocolate covered coconut balls.
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 ounce) package shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk or 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- With an electric mixer cream together sugar & butter in a bowl. Add milk until well blended. Stir in almond extract, coconut & nuts (you may omit the nuts if you do not like them). Roll the candy filling into one inch balls and place on waxed paper. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Using a double boiler melt chocolate until smooth (you may also melt chocolate in the microwave according to the directions on the chocolate). I like to add approximately 2 Tbls of butter or shortening in the chocolate but this is not necessary to do so. Dip the balls in chocolate and let stand at room temperature until set.
- Store in a tightly sealed container and preferable in the refrigerator until ready to serve.