Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
MMMM-chocolate and bananas, baked together into a moist loaf. From Dorie Greenspan's baking book.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9x5 inch loaf pan and place in on an insulated baking sheet (can use 2 regular sheets stacked together).
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and mix in bananas.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 additions, mixing only until ingredients are mixed together.
- Beat in buttermilk on low speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover loosely with a foil tent to prevent from overbrowning.
- Bake for another 40-45 minutes, or until tests done.
- Remove and cool for at least 20 minutes before running a knife around the edge of the pan, then turning it out of the pan.
- Cool to room temperature (make sure bread is right side up while cooling).