Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
An easy, yummy dessert for summer time or any time. (Prep time is approximate and cook time is freeze time)
- 1 cup finely crushed vanilla wafer (22 wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup broken pecans
- In a mixing bowl, stir together crushed wafers and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press mixture onto the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl beat together 3/4 cup butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder;beat until smooth.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Arrange sliced bananas on cream cheese mixture.
- Spread frozen whipped topping over all.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cover and freeze for 5 to 24 hours or up to 2 weeks.