Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was posted in the Discussion forums by B&B, I am just putting in the database so that I can add it to my cookbook. I am guessing that medium heat in an oven is about 350 degrees.
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup coconut juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup rum
- 6 peeled and halved almonds
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Boil the grated coconut in coconut juice and sugar for about 10 minutes.
- Add the milk.
- Stir and continue cooking until you can see the bottom of the pot.
- Whip the egg yolks with the rum and add them to the above mixture.
- Let them boil for 10 more minutes.
- Empty the mixture (cocada).
- into a glass, oven-safe mold or casserole dish.
- Garnish with almonds and raisins.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake on medium heat until golden (about 15 minutes).