This was posted in the Discussion forums by B&B, I am just putting in the database so that I can add it to my cookbook. I am guessing that medium heat in an oven is about 350 degrees.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the grated coconut in coconut juice and sugar for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add the milk.
- 3Stir and continue cooking until you can see the bottom of the pot.
- 4Whip the egg yolks with the rum and add them to the above mixture.
- 5Let them boil for 10 more minutes.
- 6Empty the mixture (cocada).
- 7into a glass, oven-safe mold or casserole dish.
- 8Garnish with almonds and raisins.
- 9Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 10Bake on medium heat until golden (about 15 minutes).
Nutritional Facts for Cocada Horneada
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.9
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 150.1 mg
- Sodium 59.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 57.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: