Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is rich but refreshing and the grapes are the key. Their juicy sweetness complements the flavour of the shrimp. Their crisp texture adds to the crunch of the celery and water chestnuts. And grapes have a tang that acts as a foil to the rich dressing. Coastal Salad with Grapes and Shrimp is fit for a party on the patio with whatever is on the barbecue or by itself for a filling lunch. The salad can also be presented in a number of ways: the salad mixture can be mounded onto butter lettuce leaves, mixed with baby greens, or for an especially rich treat, inside an avocado half.
- 453.59 g large pink bay shrimp
- 236.59 ml seedless california grapes, quartered
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml chopped water chestnut
- 2 green onions, sliced (white and green parts kept separate)
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.19 ml toasted sesame oil
- 0.25 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, grapes, celery, water chestnuts and the sliced whites of the green onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sherry, salt, pepper, sesame oil and dry mustard. Gently mix with shrimp and grape mixture. Sprinkle with the sliced green part of the onion and the sesame seeds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.