Recipe by PJ Funnybunny
Great looking....great tasting and easy to make. I like taking these cookies into the office or giving them away as gift. Looks like you worked so hard. This recipe is from an old Pillsbury magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I never use)
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted, cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl cream brown sugar, sugar, margarine and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Blend in vanilla and egg.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (is using) and mix well.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. Place in small bowls. (Note - I make two of the parts a little bit larger than one as you will be adding 1/4 cup peanut butter to it and there always seems to be more of that mixture left at the end otherwise).
- Add chocolate chips it one part, peanut butter to second (smaller portion) and melted chocolate to the third.
- Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Shape approximately 1 tsp of each dough into a ball. To form each cookie place one of each flavour balls cloverleaf style onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until set. Let cool for a few minutes before carefully removing from cookie sheets. This is important as these cookies can be fragile at first.