Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This makes the base for a lemonade drink. Just mix it up and keep it in the frig indefinitely for whenever you want a glass of lemonade.
- Mix ingredients, bring slowly to the boiling point, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Cool and strain.
- Use 3 Tbls of this mixture for each 8 oz.
- glass, filling glass with water and ice.
- May be kept indefinitely in the refrigerator.
- Mint or lemon slices may be added.
I followed your recipe, and found the taste of cloves to be almost overwhelming. We prefer a much more lemony or tart flavor. If I make it again, I would cut way back on the cloves.Thanks for posting.
Leta, I love the taste of this lemonade base. I used 3 limes and 4 lemons to make 1 1/2 cups. I didn't have whole cloves, so I used 1/4 tsp. ground cloves. This is just delicious! Thanks!( sipping on a nice cold glass....)