Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Here are two that freeze really well. They are good and tasty.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs blade steaks
- 1 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces drippings
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 pint dry cider
- 1 beef stock cube
- salt and fresh pepper, ground
- 1 orange, juiced and rind grated
- Cut the beef into cubes and coat in the flour.
- Melt dripping in a pan, add the beef and fry quickly until browned on all sides.
- Stir in any remaining flour, then add the carrots and onions.
- Mix the orange juice and cider together in a measuring jug and make up to 3/4 pint with water.
- Stir into pan with the orange rind, stock cube and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer 2 - 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.