Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A clear stock I use for a few Asian dishes I make. Lends itself well to substitution and excess can be frozen.
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spring onion, with green part
- 8 -10 black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 coriander, roots
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 -4 cauliflower florets
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and boil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are completely cooked. Strain the stock and use as required.