Recipe by AngelaSept
This is our family’s favorite recipe. I created this recipe when I purchased my first clay pot. Chicken will be very moist and tender; potatoes are done in the same pot. What more could you want? Easy, delicious and great looking dish. I promise, that even your pickiest eaters will be asking for seconds.
Top Review by Dorie's Lori
Thoroughly enjoyed this, as did my husband, kids, and 2 guests! It was very easy, and had a great flavor. I surely will be making this again. Some notes: The caraway, which is optional, is what really made the dish delicious and a bit different. I used chicken leg quarters, which I cut, removing whatever fat I could. For ease, I used my food processor to chop the garlic and parsley, then added the Italian dressing, 1 t. salt and some pepper. Marinated in a freezer bag overnight. I cut the carrots into chunks and used lots more - they were the first to go, so I do recommend lots if your family eats them. I added 3 small onions to my clay pot, and next time, I think I'll also add some cut up cabbage. Also, the chicken will make its own juice in the pot. After cooking, I put the chicken in a pan under the broiler for a couple of minutes to further brown/crisp it, removed the veggies to a serving dish, and defatted the chicken liquid to serve alongside. Yum! Thanks again, Angela, for a winning recipe. This was one of my choices for Pick-a-Chef, and now I'm sure glad I played!
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped (can add more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (can use 1 tbs of dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional, but I always use them)
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak clay pot for 15 min.
- Rub chicken with garlic, salt, pepper, caraway seeds, parsley, Italian dressing and marinate overnight ( optional) You can rub your chicken and bake it right away, but it will taste much better , if marinated.
- In a clay pot, add potatoes, carrots and chicken on top.
- Place your clay pot in the cold oven and roast at 430F for 1.5 hours.