Recipe by Kozmic Blues
From the chefs at Johnson & Wales Culinary School. We made this in the Vegetarian Cooking Class, and it was PERFECT!
Top Review by Nikoma
This was good. A bit to much mint for my taste. I like the balance of lemon and oil here as opposed to other versions that have up to 3/4 cup olive oil! UNNECESSARY! 1/2ed the recipe with no problem. Definitely let this sit in the fridge a while before serving. Mine was def better the next day :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bulgur wheat
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable stock, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 seedless European cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bulgar wheat and 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl.
- Pour boiling stock over, cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well in a strainer.
- Toss rehydrated bulgar with remaining ingredients and remaining oile oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve.