1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
chef 29271's Note:
I don't know why some people are afraid to try sweet potato pie even though they love pumpkin pie. If anyone is unsure about whether they should try it I encourage them by asking, "Which do you like better--squash or mashed potatoes?" Works every time. It has nearly the same flavor as a pumpkin pie.
My Private Note
ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce sweet potatoes and microwave for 8 to 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- 2(Or you can bake them in 375°F oven for approximately 45 minutes.) Cool.
- 3Partially bake pastry shell in a 450°F oven for 5 minutes.
- 4Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 375°F Peel sweet potatoes.
- 6Place all pie ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- 7Pour 3/4 of mixture into pastry shell.
- 8Cover edges of pastry with foil strip to keep it from browning too much.
- 9Place on oven rack and then spoon in remaining sweet potato mixture.
- 10Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- 11Remove foil from edges and bake another 20 to 25 minutes more until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- 12Cool on wire rack.
- 13Cover and chill in refrigerator.
- 14Serve with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Sweet Potato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 626.3
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.6 mg
- Sodium 476.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g