Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A very versatile, moist, delicious bread that takes only minutes to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (Splenda works here too, add 1/4 tsp baking soda)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1⁄2 cup fruit (optional) or 1⁄2 cup nuts, etc. (optional)
- spices, to taste (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc.) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the pudding mix with the milk until mix is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and mix-ins.
- Add the vanilla to the pudding, then stir together with the flour mixture.
- Pour into a prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Favorite ideas of mine: Chocolate pudding with 1/4c sliced almonds, 1/4c mini-marshmallows; butterscotch pudding with 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2c raisins; banana pudding with 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, and 1/2c chopped walnuts, or 1/2c blueberries; white chocolate pudding with 1/4c chopped macadamias and 1/4c raspberries.