Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This looks wonderful--a different kind of dessert.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine eggs, milk, 1/4 cup honey and vanilla.
- Beat until mixed but not foamy.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup honey and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well.
- Place 4 (6-ounce) custard cups in 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon honey-cinnamon mixture into each custard cup; divide egg mixture into each custard cup.
- Place baking dish on middle rack of oven; pour boiling water into baking dish around custard cups to 1-inch depth.
- Bake at 325 degrees F 30 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Loosen edges of individual custards with spatula or knife; invert onto dessert plates.
If I were giving this stars based on ease of preparation, it would definitely be 5*, but unfortunately neither my hubby or I cared for the taste. It was the first time either of us have had flan and we just didn't care for the texture or taste. I don't think if was fault of the recipe, just our personal preference, if you normally like flan, I'm sure you'll like this version!