Recipe by Mary Jenny
A classic Cinco de Mayo dish. To mix it up, play with the heat – turn it up by adding more peppers or cut back slightly for children and guests who prefer a milder taste.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this as written and DH and I did enjoy it as an appetizer with chips a while before dinner. The only thing I think I would do next time is to add a little bit of tomato for color and a little flavor (could be because that is what I usually add). Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012 tag game.
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced seeded jalapeno pepper (about two peppers)
- 3 ripe avocados, from mexico peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine onion, jalapeño peppers and avocados. Stir to combine. Add cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Serve with crisp tortilla chips and extra lime wedges. Best if enjoyed within 24 hours.
- Tip: For extra kick, leave the seeds in the pepper.