Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A tweaked recipe off cdkitchen.com. The avocado cuts down on acidity and adds creaminess. The bread keeps the gazpacho from becoming too watery. The original recipe calls for crustless French bread, but I've had excellent luck with store bought wheat sandwich bread. An absolutely fantastic gazpacho. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3⁄4 lb ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 slices bread, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Put everything in a food processor or blender, puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to chill thoroughly.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped bell pepper, onion, cucumber, avocado, hard cooked egg,olives or croutons.