Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
There's nothing like a nice bowl of stew on a cold night. This is an easy dish to toss in the crock pot and come home later to the great smell of this comfort dish. Try this with Nif's Easy Baking Powder Dumplings (Crock Pot or Stove Top). This will need to cook for 6 to 8 hours. Enjoy!
- 59.14 ml flour
- salt and pepper
- 907.18 g beef stew meat, trimmed if necessary
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 453.59 g baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 680.38 g white potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml water
- fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Add beef; stir to coat. Add onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to blend.
- Cover; cook on low for 5 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours.
- Mix cornstarch with water and stir into stew. Cover; cook 30 minutes or until carrots are cooked and meat is tender.
- Top with optional chopped parsley.
I baked it 5 1/2 hours. Then added the cornstarch with water. And after the additionnal 30 minutes, I removed the beef cause it was tender but the potatoes were not tender. Next time I'll cut the potatoes smaller. Wonderful taste. The sauce is great. And the leftovers are even better. Thanks Nif :) Made for PRMR tag game
Great family meal.